About the Program
The safety, quality and nutritional value of the food is fundamental to our health and wellbeing. Food safety is therefore a key concern for the Regulators, Industry and consumers in all economies.
Food safety standards are defined and redefined frequently due to evolving and dynamic understanding of risks in food production, transportation and storage. Processing Consumer perception of brands depends on the ability of organizations to rapidly adapt to the evolving understanding of food safety risks and ensure preparation and delivery of safe food to consumers.
The effectiveness of regulatory system is dependent on the understanding and dynamic adoption of the science based regulatory enforcement. The consumer confidence in the regulatory framework is paramount for the growth of the national food industry.
This brings the need for Regulators, food processors and food distributors to engage in continuous learning of the evolving food safety concerns, risks, mitigation opportunities and the communication of risks and mitigation strategies to consumers to stay competitive in the markets and to create vibrant growth in food industry. Increasing harmonization of food laws and regulations require countries to rapidly adopt to contemporary food safety practices in order to access global markets.
The global food safety management Executive Course delivered by Cornell University-Sathguru provides opportunity for food safety researchers, food processing professionals, regulatory professionals, communication specialists and corporate product managers to understand and absorb contemporary and evolving food safety dynamics for effective adoption in their own ventures.
- Advanced principles and practices of food safety
- Emerging threats of food borne diseases and mitigating strategies
- Innovation in processing technologies enhancing food safety
- Food safety standards & regulatory principles to monitor safety assessments
- Global Food Safety regulations
- Effective surveillance strategies , risk analysis and management
- Food safety monitoring
- Product recalls
- Cross border regulatory compliances
- Ensuring effectiveness of safety system in the food supply chain
- Good Agricultural Practices
During the intensive 4 days course, the participants will be a part of learning through lectures, case studies and group discussion based exercises that help participants to gain and apply the truly transformative knowledge in their organizations.
Who will benefit
- Researchers , regularity affairs professionals, quality assurance and food safety professionals, strategic planners and product category managers
- Entrepreneurs and Service providers in the food industry
- Food retailers
- Food service establishments
- Risk communication specialists
- Academic professionals from public and private educational research organizations
- Govt. officials from food safety, food regularity division, health and agriculture department
Program Date & Venue
Dates will be announced shortly
|Type of occupancy||Overseas Participants (In USD)||Indian Participants (In INR)|
|Twin Occupancy (per participant)||700||35,000|
- Service tax will be levied as applicable on the above fee
- Twin occupancy requests will be accepted only if both participants are from the same organization
Fee does not Include
Travel (Domestic & International)
Incidentals apart from inclusions
Payment in USD
You may transfer the amount to JP MORGAN CHASE, NEWYORK, USA, Swift Code: CHASUS33XXX for onward credit to EEFC Account No. 912020047798948 of Sathguru Management Consultants Pvt Ltd A/c CEE with Axis Bank Ltd, Begumpet, Hyderabad, India.
Payment in INR
Issue a cheque/demand draft in favour of “Sathguru Management Consultants Pvt Ltd A/c CEE” or via RTGS/NEFT transfer to account no. 912020047528817 of Sathguru Management Consultants Pvt Ltd A/c CEE with Axis Bank Ltd, Hyderabad, India with IFSC Code.UTIB0000008.
- The formal registration takes place only after the payment of fees
- While substitutions are accepted prior to the commencement of the program, no refunds will be made for cancellations
- Due to class size constraint, registration will be provided on a space available (first come, first serve) basis
- Multiple nominations are encouraged, however not more than five will be accepted from a single organization to ensure diversity of participant profile
- Overseas participants shall be provided with an invitation for the Indian visa processing once the nominations are formally registered
Cornell University, the IVY LEAGUE University located in Ithaca, New York is in the forefront of education, research and extension in the area of agriculture, food science and technology and food regulations. Cornell prepares leaders for the food industry, academia and the government with deeper understanding of the biological / microbiological, chemical, physical, sensory, nutritional and engineering properties of foods. Cornell’s extension and outreach programs transfer research based information and technology to food and beverage companies, Government agencies and consumers with the goal of enhancing the quality and safety of food supply. The Institute for food safety at Cornell University, the National GAP program and other initiatives contribute immensely to the farm to fork safety.
Sathguru Management Consultants (Sathguru) is a global research and advisory body focused on accelerating adoption of agriculture, food and health innovation advancements to reach out to the markets and needy communities. Sathguru provides strategic and technology management support to global food industry. Sathguru has been engaged by multilateral development bodies and policy planners to integrate the food chain and accelerate international market access for food products in several emerging economies. Sathguru leads in providing corporate solutions to global farms and food industries and also advises regulators in adopting global best practices in regulatory process in these sectors.