Seed Industry Program
8 - 13 Nov 2021
Cornell University, an Ivy League University located in Ithaca, New York is in the forefront of education, research and extension in the area of agriculture, food science, technology and regulations. It is home to around 23,620 students from 120 countries, led by about 3000 world class faculties, including Noble laureates and Rhodes scholars.
The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS), instrumental in establishing the International Agricultural Research System, has been involved in education and research partnerships in several countries in Asia, since the Green Revolution. CALS has strong linkages with the global seed sector in providing access to genetic resources and in transferring technologies that are appropriate for incorporating relevant traits in various crops. Centre for Technology Licensing (CTL) is a repository of intellectual properties generated at Cornell University. Cornell is in the forefront of genomics driven advancements in crop trait improvement.
Cornell University breaks through disciplinary walls – combining unparalleled teaching and research with a hands-on culture to bring new thinking and new solutions to some of today’s biggest challenges.
Sathguru Management Consultants is a global research and consulting firm with offices in India, USA, Malawi and Bangladesh. Sathguru leads research and consulting with an emphasis on emerging markets. Its deeper engagement in markets across the globe, provides enterprises and government with a thorough understanding of the contemporary challenges and ways to access innovation to overcome them.
The Corporate Life Sciences Strategy Group interacts with local and international government bodies and private sector companies to provide strategic advisory services, regulatory capacity building and technology management support. Sathguru pursues research and advisory for the seed sector in accessing technologies for contemporary trait needs, regulatory adherence and market access. Sathguru has developed frameworks for number of countries in areas such as biotechnology and intellectual property management regulations.
Global seed industry is undergoing significant transformation due to rapid strides made in traits development, traits convergence and smarter reach of products to growers and application of information analytics for strategic business growth. Seed sector organizations need to prepare themselves for the changing dynamics of markets, technology flow, regulatory frameworks and the strategic convergence of the input industry to provide holistic solutions to farmers.
Cornell Sathguru Executive Educating has designed a digitally delivered live program for the seed industry professionals. The course perfectly blends technology, strategic, regulatory and market elements through an intensive 6 day exposure. The participants will gain exposure in aligning various forces influencing seed industry dynamics and prepare themselves to gain and retain competitive advantage.
Seed Industry Program 2021
8th to 13th Nov 2021
Web-based live Training Program
The intensive six day course covers key areas such as:
Trends and Strategies
Markets and Marketing
Research and Technology Management
- Lectures, group exercises & case studies: The course will engage the participants in practical discussions, lectures, group exercises and case discussions focused on strategic decision approaches in overarching areas of seed sector
- Interaction with the faculty: The course facilitates interaction and learning opportunities from the world-renowned international experts who are recognized for their research and experience.
- Cross-cultural and Cross-enterprise learning: An insightful learning experience from a diverse cohort of professionals working in the same sector from around the world. The diversity of the participants provide unique networking opportunities and cutting-edge knowledge, that widens perspectives and expands the scope for strategic thinking.
Who will benefit?
• Senior managers from the seed Industry engaged in the development of strategic planning, market development,product management, research and product development, regulations and operations
• Regulators from federal and state governments engaged in regulating the seed sector
• Senior managers from public extension and research organizations
• Public researchers
The diversity of participants will provide unmatched learning opportunity for the participants.
Several global and national organizations such as East-West Seed, IFFCO, Monsanto, Mahyco, Japan Tobacco, Coco-Cola, Tata group, UniLever, ITC, Pepsi, Delmonte, Murugappa Group in diverse segments of agri and food sector; leading banks in the world investing in agriculture, livestock, process industry and retail such as Nabard, ICICI Bank, Rabo Bank, Asian Development Bank and Islamic Development Bank and policy planners from several emerging and advanced economies have participated in the program. Previous participants from America have learned, from their understanding of the emerging market opportunities and challenges, ways to strategically address these markets. Participants have endorsed this program as “ Truly Transformative ”.
The Diversity of our Participants
|Program Fee||$ 450||₹ 32,878|
• GST will be levied as applicable on the fee
Payment in USD
You may transfer the amount to JP MORGAN CHASE, NEWYORK, USA, Swift Code: CHASUS33XXX for onward credit to EEFC Account No. 912020047798948 of Sathguru Management Consultants Pvt Ltd A/c CEE with Axis Bank Ltd, Begumpet, Hyderabad, India.
Payment in INR
Transfer the amount via RTGS/ NEFT to account no. 912020047528817 of Sathguru Management Consultants Pvt Ltd A/c CEE with Axis Bank Ltd, Hyderabad, India with IFSC Code.UTIB0000008 or issue a cheque/demand draft in favor of “Sathguru Management Consultants Pvt Ltd A/c CEE”.
- The formal registration takes place only after the payment of fees
- While substitutions are accepted prior to the commencement of the program, no refunds will be made for cancellations
- Due to class size constraint, registration will be provided on a space available (first come, first serve) basis
- Multiple nominations are encouraged, however not more than eight will be accepted from a single organization to ensure diversity of participant profile
Our Esteemed Alumni
Past Participants Feedback
“This program helped me in understanding latest technologies adopted globally and also formulate new strategies to stay competitive” – Sameer Agrawal, Shriram Fertilisers& Chemicals
“Highly recommended program for agri professionals from different functional and technical backgrounds to understand the advancements of seed Industry” – SagarLahoti, East-West Seed
“Felt enriched after attending the program. All the sessions were very relevant and useful” – Sanjiv Sharma, Bayer Bioscience
“The program provided the participant a comprehensive view on the necessary knowledge for people engaged in the regulation, R&D and marketing of seeds” – Elmen Carlo D. Ercia, Syngenta Philippines
” Program is innovative and pathway to vibrant seed industry and strong foundation for public-private partnership” – Krishna Prasad, Advanta India Limited
” All the presentations were very useful and this is the first time I got a chance to think about the future of the Seed Industry “– Kiyoki Iboshi, Known-You Seed Pvt. Ltd.
” It enlightens about the recent trends which most of the seed companies needs to catch urgently to remain competitive. It is an eye opener. “ – Amit Rastogi, Coromandel International Limited
” It is very good and has given me wider horizon of view and attitude to IP and its relevance for seed industry” – Vivencio Rullan Mamaril, Bureau of Plant Industry, Philippines
” Great Opportunity to learn from Best & World’s Renowned faculty in Agriculture with Practical Relevance” – Stacy Nafula Mwangala, The Syngenta Foundation for Sustainable Agriculture