Sathguru helped an Indian vegetable seed company andby evaluating its R&D and germplasm strength, assessing the current product portfolio, screening the pipeline products based on industry landscaping. Sathguru also helped prioritize key Indian markets and strategically take relevant products to market, leading to business diversification and target market expansion.
Our Client, a vegetable seed company with OPVs dominant product portfolio, expressed interest in exploring opportunities assessing its current business, product pipeline, research programs, and overall business strength. The Client further sought assistance to expand operations by improving Pan India presence and widening its portfolio of products.
The scope of Sathguru’s engagement included:
- Assessing current product portfolio, R&D, and business operational strength.
- Mapping growth potential based on current portfolio and industry readiness of pipeline products with key markets to focus.
- Startegizing product diversification and suitable licensing models that can be leveraged to generate proposed revenue projections.
- Conceptualizing strategic growth plan for building research strength and strong product pipeline, scaling up market penetration, and strengthening business support.
Sathguru’s approach was to review the company’s research and product strength, assess germplasm pool, map the existing product portfolio and traits with industry requirements, identify gaps, , analyze bussiness goals and current sales and, marketing approaches, and consequently understand growth potential and develop a strategic growth plan.
To achieve this, Sathguru:
- Performed internal assessment of the company to understand its current strengths, product portfolio, and distribution capabilities for the existing products.
- Evaluate existing R&D infrastructure and skilled force, systems, and processes for trial management, quality control, SOPs, etc.
- Assessed the pipeline products based on industry readiness and suggested the key focus markets.
- Suggested new potential products for a diversified product portfolio mix for attaining market expansion and improved revenue. and.
- Developed a five-year strategic growth strategy focusing on widening the portfolio with hybrids and market-relevant traits, additional products, scaling-up market presence, and enhancing business support services.
Sathguru made specific market aligned recommendations to expand the product portfolio, optimize the existing operations and widen the market presence of the Client across major states of India:
- Sathguru recommended market expansion strategies for existing products and further suggested additional proprietary and in-licensed potential products in the portfolio and respective key markets to focus.
- Sathguru recommended re-prioritizing the pipeline products with target market requirements based on industry desired traits and competitive benchmarking.
- Sathguru suggested state-of-the-art technology for advanced research and best industry-standard practices for streamlining business operations and enhancing responsiveness towards market demand.
- Sathguru recommended potential growth strategies and conceptualized a five-year strategic growth plan to strengthen business support systems, optimize business operations and realign the product-market approach required to achieve the projected revenues.
The Client has started implementing the recommendations towards portfolio expansion, strategizing product-market fit, and accelerating the introduction of new products by adopting product diversification and market expansion strategies.