Food Executive Program
Supply Chain – Distribution – Retailing
16 - 20 August 2022 | Web-based Live Training
How are consumer behavior patterns influencing the retail industry?
Supply Chain Management, Distribution, and Retailing
Envisage the ever-changing Landscape of Food Retail Industry
Envisage the ever-changing Landscape of Food Retail Industry
Cornell University, an Ivy League university located in Ithaca, New York, is at the forefront of education, research, and extension in agriculture, food retail, food science, technology, and regulations. It is home to more than 23,000 students from 120 countries and nearly 3,000 world-class faculty, including Noble laureates and Rhodes scholars. For over 55 years, Cornell’s Food Executive Program has been the world’s premier transformational learning experience for executives in the Food and Consumables Sector and its immediate successors.
Sathguru Management Consultants is a premier research and consulting organization spearheading business growth with sector-specific expertise in food, Agri, retail, and FMCG sectors over the last 35 years. Sathguru has been providing strategic, operational, and functional support to the agriculture, food, retail, and FMCG sectors for over two decades. Sathguru advises stakeholders, policy planners, and investors in the food and retail industry on developing integrated food chain linkages – supply chain distribution and retailing, technology dissemination, and other related issues in the sector. Sathguru has over two decades of experience delivering executive education programs with Cornell University and has offered transformative exposure to executives from across the globe.
About the Program
The Covid-19 pandemic has drastically changed human behavior globally, impacting lifestyle and consumer behavior with an evident shift in shopping trends. The retail sector has witnessed unprecedented change in operations, with innovation driving product delivery and pricing. Multiple formats compete intensively to meet consumer demand in an information-rich environment.
Understanding this evolution, Cornell University & Sathguru brings the Food Executive Program (FEP2022), the world’s premier transformational learning experience for executives in the food and consumables sector and their immediate successors from emerging markets.
Creating a workforce with excellent strategic and operational skills and a strong understanding of global best practices in food marketing, supply chain management, E-commerce, and food retailing is considered crucial in ensuring the rapid growth of the food industry.
The Food Executive Program offered by Cornell University and Sathguru presents an excellent opportunity for professional advancement. The program is designed to meet the needs of tomorrow’s food and E-commerce industry leaders from emerging markets in Asia and enables them to deliver significant improvements in innovative thinking and effective management skills.
Food Executive Program
16 – 20 August 2022
Web-based Live Training
The program covers the entire gamut of supply chain stages in the food and E-commerce industry and focuses on the significant challenges and opportunities that face the food industry. It will thus provide participants with the requisite knowledge and skill sets that will enable them to confront these challenges and evolve strategies to leverage the opportunities.
Strategic Planning for Emerging Markets
Food and E-commerce Marketing Strategies
Linking Strategy & Execution
Simulation & Team Project
Strategic Importance of Food Safety Management
Category Management-Strategy & Practices
Supply Chain Strategy, Issues & Innovations
Retail Format, Economics & Growth Trends
Supplier - Retailer Relations
Strategies for the Future
Who Should Enroll ?
- Food and beverage industry professionals and executives
- CPG company professionals
- Retailers and wholesalers
- Grocery chain managers, fresh produce retail managers
- Managers of drug stores, convenience stores, and supermarket chains
- Food delivery enterprises
- Cash&Carry and hypermarket retailers
- Manufacturers and food marketing professionals
- Logistics and supply chain professionals
- Strategic management and Financial professionals
- E-commerce Professionals
- Product managers
- Investors in the food industry and food retailing
Participants will engage in lectures, group exercises & case studies:
- The course will engage the participants in practical discussions, lectures, group exercises, and case discussions focused on strategic decision approaches in overarching areas of the retail sector
- Simulation game and discussion
- Interaction with the faculty: The course facilitates interaction and learning opportunities from world-class international experts recognized for their research and experience.
- Cross-cultural and Cross-enterprise learning: An insightful learning experience from a diverse cohort of professionals from around the emerging markets in Asia. The diversity of the participants provides unique networking opportunities and cutting-edge knowledge that widens perspectives and expands the scope for strategic thinking
- Understand the changing landscape of food and consumers in emerging markets of Asia Plan and execute business models coping to the emerging needs of consumers
- Utilize dynamic supply chain designs and scenario planning tools
- Leverage deep tech to unlock new value streams for your organization and customers
- Adopt sustainability as a competitive advantage
- create a competitive edge with digital marketing for digital consumers
- Explore group dynamics and craft strategies to lead and develop teams
- Network with peers who are accomplished leaders in their organizations
Who Will Benefit ?
The FEP2022 is designed for
- Senior and middle management executives of food retailing, wholesaling, distribution, processing, food service sector, E-commerce, and brand management firms.
- Professionals who aspire to reach higher-level positions, policy planners engaged in integrating food and agriculture and E-commerce sectors.
- Investors engaged in investing in food brands and food retailing and E-commerce sectors.
Part participants have contributed immensely to their organizations by bringing new paradigm strategies and operating models. The course is designed for participants to practice what they learn and make informed decisions in introducing contemporary approaches in their organizations.
Miguel I. Gómez is the Robert G. Tobin Food Marketing Professor in the Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management, Cornell University. He is the Faculty Director of the Food Industry Management Program, globally recognized as the premier food industry education and research program. Read more
Daniel Hooker is a Cornell University alum and a Faculty at the SC Johnson College of Business at Cornell University, where he teaches both graduates and undergraduates in Food and Consumables Marketing, Supply Chain Strategy. In addition, he is the Director of External Education for the Food Industry Management Program. Read more
K Vijayaraghavan is the CEO of Sathguru Management Consultants and visiting Lecturer at Cornell University. He advises several corporates, government policy planners, and investment institutions globally in the agriculture, food production, and retail sectors. He is associated as a faculty in several Cornell-sponsored programs and is in charge of the Cornell Sathguru led research programs in the South Asian region. Read more
|16-Aug-2022||2.30 PM – 6.30 PM||5.00 AM – 9.00 AM||9.00 AM – 1.00 PM||4. 00 PM – 8.00 PM|
|17-Aug-2022||3.30 PM – 8.30 PM||6.00 AM – 11.00 AM||10.00 AM – 3.00 PM||5.00 PM – 10.00 PM|
|18-Aug-2022||3.30 PM – 8.30 PM||6.00 AM – 11.00 AM||10.00 AM – 3.00 PM||5.00 PM – 10.00 PM|
|19-Aug-2022||3.30 PM – 8.30 PM||6.00 AM – 11.00 AM||10.00 AM – 3.00 PM||5.00 PM – 10.00 PM|
|20-Aug-2022||3.30 PM – 8.30 PM||6.00 AM – 11.00 AM||10.00 AM – 3.00 PM||5.00 PM – 10.00 PM|
** The dates / schedule of this program is subject to change at short notice, based on the Covid-19 protocols
|Course Fee||650 USD|
Payment Details :
1. You may transfer the amount to Sathguru, Inc, Account No. 1255387272, CitiBank NA,
Swift code: CITI US 33 and routing number 221172610.
2. For payment through credit card, click here.
- The formal registration takes place only after the payment of fees
- While substitutions are accepted prior to the start of the program, no refunds will be made for cancellations
- Due to class size constraints, registration will be provided on space available (first come, first serve)