Client context and Challenge/Problem statement
Our Indian client, a prominent logistics infrastructure company is in the business of air freight handling, freight forwarding and warehousing of various types of cargo. As part of a JV with a large diversified company, the client had to establish a pack house for handling high value fruits. The company sought assistance of Sathguru in designing and optimizing the operations for efficient utilization of resources and to initiate operations swiftly.
The scope of Sathguru’s engagement included:
- Design and Optimization of process and workflow for packhouse operations.
- Capacity estimations for various operations and equipments; resource allocations for various operating capacity scenarios.
- Support in evaluating and finalizing the equipment suppliers.
- Estimation of manpower requirements and development of operational hierarchy and structure for the teams.
- Support in development of Operations, Quality Assurance and Food Safety Manuals.
Sathguru leveraged the hands-on experience of its team and the deep understanding of the sector in optimizing the resources to match the scale and nature of the process. This was achieved by:
- Reviewing of process flow along with the client and client’s JV partner.
- Mapping the man and material movement, harmonising to reduce repetitions and unnecessary steps.
- Incorporating design elements for imparting worker behaviour or process controls.
- Evaluating and negotiating with suppliers along with the client.
- Suggesting design controls or solutions for process trouble shooting.
- Designing a gradual scale up to increase the capacity of the line.
- GMP plan and structuring considering the possible food safety risks and incorporating controls thorough design.
Sathguru played a cementing role between the client and its JV partner, helped the client in execution of project and starting operations in a lean and efficient manner.