The client in its pursuit of becoming an integrated agribusiness player wanted to adopt modern techniques and practices, build supply chain systems, provide farm services, connect and build network of farmers that will increase quantum and quality of yield. The clien twanted to scale up and develop go-to-market model for field crops.
Sathguru assisted the client in formulation of an integrated seed-to-market strategy and implementation of modern techniques and practices that will increase the quantum, quality of yield in paddy. Sathguru also assisted the client in establishing farm service model which includes on-farm rental machinery and storage facilities for their produce.
Sathguru adopted a two-phase engagement model, wherein the initial phase involved in detail production planning for paddy and subsequently, develop the comprehensive strategic business plan and chalkout investment requirements to support the growth initiatives.
- Sathguru along with breeding experts assisted in identifying the right crop and variety for planting, identified the sources of seed for paddy and pulses.
- Identification of the innovative technology for immediate adoption, identification of right technology providers and linking our client with technology providers.
- Participatory discussions/ brainstorming with the management and analysis of key strengths
- Market analysis, stakeholder interactions, and target segmentation
- Financial modelling and estimations
- Sathguru established the collaboration between client and suitable technology provider for successful mechanical paddy transplanting process
- Sathguru recommended the better crop rotation for their area and also suggested best varieties to be cultivated along with good package of practices to be followed
- Sathguru recommended an inclusive business model that is designed to create value for the network farmers and stakeholders, and resides on three key strategic pillars, viz. Modernizing agriculture and standardizing operations, Strengthening base and expansion through diversification of high-value crops and aligning market linkages, and Focus on building strong brand proposition to capture value in the near-to-long term time horizon
- Sathguru also recommended business model for establishing farm-service model which includes farm machinery rental services and storage services. Both the services are recommended on pay per use model
Impact/ Client benefit
After the successful trail of mechanical rice plantation with allied complementing activities, the client was able to propagate the same for the network of farmers as well as drive a very rapidly growing agribusiness operation with Sathguru’s engagement.