Sathguru helped a major international developmental agency to landscape POC diagnostics and research innovation in India.
Our client, a major private entity, is one of the largest foundations working towards enhancing healthcare and reducing poverty globally, approached us with a study request to better understand the Indian POC diagnostics market landscape. The study involved identifying POC diagnostics that could maximize the number of tests that can be done using a single technology/machine. In the developed world, such options exist and are commonly used. However, none of these platforms meet the technical requirements of a developing world primary health center facility as they are not designed to overcome the developing country challenges. The client sought assistance from Sathguru to assist them identify such platforms and POC diagnostics research innovation in India.
The objective of the study was to identify various areas of engagement where our client could partner with Indian product developers for global public health needs. Sathguru developed a product landscape for Point Of Care diagnostics (POCT), integrated diagnostics and devices. Sathguru mapped public and private sector engagement in innovation for affordable diagnostics with study focus being diagnostics for certain priority diseases including Tuberculosis, Malaria, Dengue, HIV, Typhoid etc.
The scope of engagement included:
- Landscape POC diagnostics market in India
- Identify key technologies/platforms that meet requirements of a developing world primary health center facility as they are not designed to overcome the developing country challenges
- Development of public health focused low cost diagnostic by entities with limited commercialization capability to drive future widespread adoption of products with commercialization potential to maximize public health impact.
- Identification and assessment of capacity across companies and institutions to develop products meeting our client’spriorities.
- Areas of focus to enhance effort to accelerate and channelize new product development.
- Identification POC diagnostics with emphasis on public health focused innovation momentum with structured funding and clear procurement mechanics.