Technical Support for Establishment of Plant Tissue Culture Laboratory in Badambagh, Kabul is aimed at providing technical support to the National Horticulture and Livestock Project (NHLP) in Afghanistan. The established tissue culture lab will provide the country with a rapid reliable system for a production of large number of genetically uniform and disease-free plantlets of the mandate crops of NHLP i.e. Apple, Cherry, Almond, Pear, Peach, Grape, citrus, Pistachio, Pomegranate Olive, Persimmon, Fig and Date palm.
Project Duration: 2019-2021 Awarding Organization – World Bank
Project Value: USD 0.35 Million Geography: Afghanistan
- Implementation of Consultancy services for Design and coordination for setting up of the Tissue Culture Lab with the capacity of producing 2 million saplings, including Shade Net of 2000 m2
- Developing the list of necessary equipment, tools, and chemicals along with the technical specification for acquisition of equipment for preparation of biding document
- Technical support for establishment of plant tissue culture laboratory by identifying a potential vendor to carry out the supply, installation and operationalization of the tissue culture laboratory
- Capacity building of the project resources on independently operating the plant tissue culture lab
- Operationalization of the tissue culture by providing technical services and handholding the NHLP staff for one cycle of tissue culture crop(s) production in the newly established laboratory